FORUMS: list search recent posts

alternative to WATCHOUT...

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Switser
alternative to WATCHOUT...
on Mar 30, 2007 at 6:13:13 am

Hello-

I am looking for some suggestions for alternative software to Watchout. I have a project that Watchout would work perfectly for, but my budget cannot afford it. I am only using 1 projector and I am looking for a single computer setup that still has flexible control over seperate layers and runs on a timeline. Mac based software would be preferred, but not vital. I am planning on using Isadora, but looking for other options. thanks

Austin Switser

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: alternative to WATCHOUT...
on Mar 30, 2007 at 2:26:37 pm

Not Mac based, but you could have a look at Stumpfl's Wings Platinum 3, which I use. The full working demo (except for output via the VGA out) is available for download. Further questions may be addressed to the English-based Wings forum set up by me at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multidisplays

One of the main differences with Watchout is that The Master (Production PC for Watchout) can be used as the Slave (Display PC in Watchout) so you save one licence for your single screen show. And if you use a dual output graphics card, one output can be for the timeline, and the other sent to the projector in fullscreen mode.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]