FORUMS: list search recent posts

digital signage

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Socka
digital signage
on Mar 19, 2007 at 9:25:17 pm

anything better, cheaper than DVD playback to a bunch of LCD TV's in a store? Even multiple DVD players seems less involved and much less costly than a video distribution system. Except the displays will not be in sync. Any thoughts on flash card playback systems for SD or even better - HD.

The content will be a corporate logo loop interspersed with product-in-use stills with movement applied. No actual moving video. No sound. Probably updated twice per year to replace Duratrans light boxes which were updated every 5 years or so.

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: digital signage
on Mar 20, 2007 at 6:15:56 pm

You haven't mentioned hows many monitors you are setting up? The cheapest way would be splitting VGA/DVI on a DA at the source, and a computer to play the content. This is as easy as it gets.

Vince

Return to posts index

George Socka
on Mar 20, 2007 at 9:06:14 pm

4 - 8 monitors spread over 3 rooms. Would a computer and DVI DA be less costly than 4 - 8 DVD players? More reliable? Retail store sales manager freindly? How would you get HD to play on the computer ( Windows media player? ) and how would you get DVI out of a computer? Know nothing about Macs though. I looked at a few component video over Cat 5 things. A central player will make the displays look nicer because they are in sync though.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
aLexx
on Mar 21, 2007 at 12:34:11 pm

[George Socka] "Retail store sales manager freindly?"

this is exactly the point.

With mediaplayer and pc, you will not become happy, this simply doesn

Return to posts index

George Socka
on Apr 12, 2007 at 1:34:08 am

Thanks. I can read German. It looks great. Now to find a way to buy one in Canada. I will contact them.

BTW, this project has gone with 2 DVD players with video DA to show 2 programs at once. Cat5 to composite coax Baluns. The picture look good enough. Biggest problem was with the low end LCD TVs that showed huge color differences among them, and probably will again if there is ever a power failure.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Apr 16, 2007 at 1:27:39 pm

You could also look at AVStumpfl's SC Video Player Dual - a dual CF player in one box that can be be synced to run together. Seems to have only RCA and S-video outputs only though. I'm buying one soon for a small museum job I'm doing.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]