FORUMS: list search recent posts

NewTek TriCaster, anyone using this...?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
PEYIII
NewTek TriCaster, anyone using this...?
on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:35:22 am

Is anyone out there using the NewTeK TriCaster? If so what are the pro's and con's of this system that users have found? I'm looking at this system to produce a 3 camera event(s) and plan on using three Panasonic DVX-100's. Are there any other systems out there I should look at for under $25,000? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help and time.

PHIL

Return to posts index

andy stinton
Re: NewTek TriCaster, anyone using this...?
on Mar 20, 2007 at 4:21:42 pm

I had a demo of it and thought it did a very good job for the price .. The only part that was suspect was the upscaling of Powerpoint from a network computer, that is just not ready for prime time.

My issue with your set up would be the camera

Return to posts index

PEYIII
on Mar 20, 2007 at 4:59:32 pm

Andy,
Thanks for the reply. I do not plan on using any Powerpoint with this system, but will keep this in mind if the need arises. Also, when you say large screen projection, do you mean projection through a projector or for television versus web? I don't plan on using the system for any large screen projection with a projector, the intent will be to use it as a switcher only (maybe use the CG) for "live to tape" events. Any help with this setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PHIL

Return to posts index

aLexx
on Mar 21, 2007 at 12:47:00 pm

Tricaster is made exactly for your application (only composite and Y/C connectivity, but good enough for straeming). Easy and quick Setup, and should work flawlessly.

In many cases we are using tricasters big brother VT4 for streaming, even for broadcasting with good experience.

Return to posts index

pixel_pilot
on Apr 24, 2007 at 4:19:14 pm

I have been using a tricaster for 3 cam shoots using cannon Xl2s'
It has been very successfull as a switcher for this and is esy to use for recording your show to its drive. I have used it for live screen projection while recording as well. Their is some lag time from live to screen that I could live without. Shooting interlace helps to cut down on this. I have gotten very clear on screen picture from the projectors. Use the brightness and contrast to set your on screen whites. Balance the cameras from their shooting locations without the spotlight on the white card. as far as using powere point, the image on the screen will not look best quality unless you take the image directly from it source. You have to go to the VGA interface and take your power point directly from its source. The tri caster manual explains this better than I am. Any ways, with my experience using the Tri caster has been a successful one. I have used on great number of live shows in extreme lighting situations that were not ideal for shooting and it has come through for me. Hope this was helpfull to you. Best of luck to you.

Return to posts index

tony
by
on Jul 11, 2007 at 3:08:32 am

I have experience with Tricaster, the main issues are delay and lack of professional controls. There is 6-7 frames of video delay which is huge when projecting an image.
I would recommend Broadcast Pix (http://www.broadcastpix.com). It is an entire control room in a workstation, digital switcher, built-in graphics, built-in clipstore, still store, custom multi-view, SD/HD and more.
There are 4 models ranging in price start at under $10,000.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]