FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting together a proposal and need some direction.... please!

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
postman
Putting together a proposal and need some direction.... please!
on Mar 3, 2007 at 2:58:57 am

Hello fellow grazers. Here's the gist. My supermarket client has a movie they want to show all of there employees. Not all at once.

The problem... they employ several thousand people in approximately 20 cities. About a dozen of those do not have theaters. I'm in the middle of the Texas panhandle... lots of small towns.

They are requesting two proposals. The first proposal would be renting a mobile theater. Basically, taking the theater to the people. The movie is in widescreen with 5.1 surround sound... they invested heavily in a quality production.

Any suggestions on a company that would rent such trucks?

The second proposal would be to rent the screen, projector, sound system (5.1) etc. and take that to different venues. Schools, churches, etc., I really don't like this option for countless reasons, but they still want a proposal.

Any suggestions on equipment rental?

Thanks for any and all input!
postman

Return to posts index

andy Stinton
Re: Putting together a proposal and need some direction.... please!
on Mar 4, 2007 at 2:22:32 pm

I'm very interested in your reason for not wanting to rent equipment and do individual set ups.

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

postman
on Mar 4, 2007 at 11:35:56 pm

Well, the biggest reason is acoustics. Sound quality is very important to this client. According to the information the client has given to my employer, the venues would either be school cafeterias or gymnasiums. Neither of which is designed with acoustics in mind.
That

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
on Mar 5, 2007 at 8:37:50 pm

Velour draping all around could probably help in that situation, and well, it really looks nice.

Vince

Return to posts index

postman
on Mar 6, 2007 at 4:31:11 pm

Thanks Vince... I hadn't considered that.
postman

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on Mar 10, 2007 at 12:55:19 am

One of the first quesions I would ask is, what is the minimum and maximum amount of people that will be attending a screening?
Second would be what format is the movie to be projected?
There are a couple of companies in Hollywood that provide trailers with screening rooms for large productions on location so directors can watch their dailies on 35mm, however I think they only seat about 10-15 people.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]