FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Wall Processor

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Vidybidneth
Video Wall Processor
on Jan 22, 2007 at 9:14:23 pm

My client wants to purchase a processor for its 4 X 4 - 16 Screen wall that it is currently running. They are now renting the processor. They asked if there was something available that could be controlled by a Mac since they know that computer quite well. If not, no problem.

They are also considering changing to HiDef since downconverted clips of a lot of their HD Broadcast programming are featured in their wall now.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bill Otterson

Return to posts index

kaptivate_ag
Re: Video Wall Processor
on Feb 8, 2007 at 11:48:59 pm

Is it a seleco system? I think you can still pick up their mainframe controllers pretty cheap but production stopped years ago.

Your client wont be getting anything near HD on this system as its a +10 year old CRT rear project rig.

I dont know of any multiplexing processors or similar that work on a HD level. You could look at some barco/folsom stuff but thats for higher res inputs.

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Check out Electrosonic's stuff
on Feb 9, 2007 at 12:01:42 am

At the lower end is the Imagestar and Vector solutions. Both are flexible and fairly cost effective. For HD use they have the Quantum. Although not specifically for video walls, the Vista Spyder can do a handy job of handling video wall output, and I think it will also work in HD resolutions. BARCO's Encore system will also do it, but that's just crazy overkill.

Cheers,

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

angenas angenas1
Re: Check out Electrosonic's stuff
on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:39:12 am

There are logical and creative processors that are available for the video wall and digital displays, I get all information regarding the creative products.

http://www.vistasystems.net/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]