FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie needs advice on purchasing equipment for filming football games

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hurley
Newbie needs advice on purchasing equipment for filming football games
on Dec 19, 2006 at 10:59:31 pm

I have just signed a contract to provide taping for a local indoor football league team. They want something simple but high quality. We'll just be using two cameras, almost side by side, one for a wide shot and one for a closeup. No wireless or long cables needed. All I need to be able to do is switch between the two shots and also be able to provide live replay as needed. I have to place commercials in later if this amounts for anything and I'll also just add the graphics then. I'll have two cameramen, a director, a replay guy and a host. Can anybody recommend something simple and cheap to do this switching and replay for me? Thanks!
Mike

Return to posts index

aLexx
Re: Newbie needs advice on purchasing equipment for filming football games
on Dec 20, 2006 at 8:21:09 am

http://www.newtek.com/vt/index.php

btw:
cheap and high quality = Oxymoron = Contradictio in adjecto

good luck

Return to posts index

Edward G Downie
Re: Newbie needs advice on purchasing equipment for filming football games
on Jan 18, 2007 at 8:15:19 pm

Panasonic has a new hd/sd av-hs300 switcher for around $7,000.00,I think that from this switcher you can record directly to a firewire hard drive, JVC has their new gyhd250 camera studio version for around $10,000.00 each and you can record to tape dv or hd your format of chioce dvcam dv or dvcpro hdv dvcpro-hd ect ect and for the replay get a hardrive recorder sony has one and thompson grass valley has a expensive one (You may need three to isoreal each camera) so you can random acess for replay and get some one who knows what he or she is donig (a engineer) to make it all work, I am a field producer with multi-camera experience and the most important guy is the tech/engineer good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]