FORUMS: list search recent posts

ID Slug

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Stinton
ID Slug
on Oct 24, 2006 at 7:23:44 pm

A client wants to put logo slugs of the sponsors at the bottom of the Imag screens .What is the best way to do this? Key it out on the switcher, or use an outboard keyer? The quality has to be top notch.. Yes it

Return to posts index

alexx
Re: ID Slug
on Oct 25, 2006 at 9:15:00 am

If the client is paying for this high Quality, I would use an outboard chyron generator with an operator included.

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Oct 25, 2006 at 11:25:18 am

And if the client was not paying for this ?

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

debe
by
on Oct 27, 2006 at 5:55:56 pm

Andy-

I asked my live guy...

Not knowing all the details, he said this:

"It depends on the bug...a lower end switcher with only "Key on/key off" capability might have issues with transparency. A T-Bar switcher like a Screen Pro 1604 will give you added flexibility and better options.

I don't know if that's enough to go on to help you make a decision. What will be the source of the bug(s)?

debe

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Oct 27, 2006 at 6:42:46 pm

We have the logos in EPS format so we can go most ways from there . As some of the logos have black in them we may need to put a colored bar or box behind them so they don

Return to posts index

chrise
on Oct 29, 2006 at 2:44:17 pm

Hi, Andy!

I hope I can add a little more helpful information. I do live events all the time and use a variety of switchers. some of the smaller units will luminance key, but have a limited amount of control. Others, like the Folsom Screen Pro 1604, will luma key with a pretty fair amount of control. But the limitation is that it's a luminance key. If you have black in your logo, it will become transparent.

Most of the sources I use is Powerpoint/Keynote and live video. I've found a few solutions in this scenario. First I create an all-black slide and place my graphics and text on it. If the graphics are not all black, then I can simply key the whole slide over the camera show. If the graphics have a fair amount of black, you can still key them and, if the video has a dark corner (speakers wearing a black suit or the shot has black drape in the background) I can still key and let the video source replace the black for the logo.

If that won't work, I will sometimes tweak the blacks in the graphics just a bit...lighten them up a touch to more of a deep gray. I can then adjust the sensitivity of the of the key in the Folsom so that the logo remains "solid." I usually keep this approach quiet as many marketing types get squeamish when you tell them you're adjusting their marque. But the color shift is hardly noticable on screen, especially in a ballroom or tradeshow with light everywhere.

If I can't do any of the above, well...I cheat. I'll make a slide in Keynote or Powerpoint thats more of a lower third. Lots of color, shapes...all with the logo and text over the top. Then I simply chose a wipe from bottom to top in the switcher. At the appropriate time, I simply ease the T-Bar up to reveal just enough of the slide to make my lower third. No issue with keying out the body of a logo.

I hope this helps.

chrise

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Nov 2, 2006 at 3:37:56 am

It does help, thank you . I love the T Bar/lower third trick!!!

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]