FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alcorn Mcbride

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul
Alcorn Mcbride
by
on Oct 5, 2006 at 6:30:34 am

Anyone have experience with Alcorn Mcbride Video binloop and V16+ controller, need a reliable video playback with scripting/sync of multiple sources for a high profile tour. Thanks

Return to posts index

aLexx
Re: Alcorn Mcbride
on Oct 5, 2006 at 7:50:53 am

we are using alcorns Player like DVM2, DVM4 and HD-Player for remote, they are working perfectly for this purpose. But others and the scripting things, I never would use it for a high profile tour. (for small temporary fix installaion it

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Oct 5, 2006 at 2:42:32 pm

We've 'worked' with a bunch of the AM stuff, and this is just my personal opinion so sorry, but I would RUN not walk in the opposite direction. Specifically as it relates to scripting and controller code issues... Just had some really bad experiences in mission critical situations.

Looking at Watchout or AVStumpfl is a good idea. Also a good idea is Media Server solutions like Hippotizer, Catalyst, MBox, or Brash. All of these enjoy WIDE support in the touring industry. We tend to use Hippotizer's on all of our tours (currently out on Nickelback, 3 Doors Down/Lynnrd Skynnrd, and Cartel for us)...

Best,
BB

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Paul
by
on Oct 5, 2006 at 8:28:39 pm

Thanks all. I was hoping that the VideoBinloop with show control would work. I'm familiar with V16+ and ScriptOS and have issues in the past with other gear, just not the VideoBinLoop. You would think it would be rock solid and stable?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]