FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roland/Edirol V-5 Video Switcher

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Warner
Roland/Edirol V-5 Video Switcher
on Sep 25, 2006 at 5:08:22 pm

Does anyone have a manual for the Roland/Edirol V-5 video switcher? I called Edirol and they don't have any documentation...not even a PDF. If someone has a copy they could email me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Specifically, what I need it for is to figure out how to do the chroma key. I'd like to setup a live "weather-man" type studio. If you don't have a manual, but know how to do this with the V-5, let me know. Thanks.

~bruno71

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Re: Roland/Edirol V-5 Video Switcher
on Oct 5, 2006 at 2:58:30 pm

Ummmm... Not sure what this post has to do with the thread but, hey, what the heck...

Edirol/Roland most certainly does publish a manual for the unit. If you purchased it new, it should be with it. If not, you should call them (call, don't email, you'll get a better response), and they would be glad (perhaps for a replacement and shipping fee) to send you one.

Best,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Mike Warner
on Oct 5, 2006 at 8:04:56 pm

I put this post here because you would use a video switcher for "live" multi-camera editing. Edirol and they did not have any documentation for it...none. Not even a PDF. But I was able to get in contact with someone at Roland who was able to send me a PDF manual.

~bruno71

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Oct 5, 2006 at 8:20:48 pm

I understand why you would post in the Live Events Forum... Certainly we do know of (and some of us use) the Edirol... Just as a general hint though, it is normal to start a new thread with a fresh question, rather than posting a question unrelated to the topic in a previously created thread. For instance this thread is about using or not using Alcorn McBride gear, while your post is about an Edirol manual. When you post a new question as a new topic, more people may see it and respond to it. Those uninterested in this debate about AM gear might have zoomed by your question...

At the moment, in this forum things are quiet, and it was easy to see your question... But in a faster moving forum, say After Effects, or Final Cut Pro, an OT (off topic) question in a thread can be buried quickly...

Just a little friendly posting netiquette...

Good luck with the Edirol !

Cheers,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Mike Warner
on Oct 6, 2006 at 12:10:28 pm

It doesn't look like my post is under the Alcorn McBride thread...I see that post that came after mine, if that is what you are referring to. I think mine was posted before the AM thread...unless there is something I'm missing. I don't use these forums very often, so I'll pay more attention next time. But I'm pretty sure I started a new thread.

~bruno71

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Oct 6, 2006 at 2:55:03 pm

You know what Mike ? Maybe you're right, and I am the buffoon. This is definetely a new thread. Either the Boomers made it that way when I wasn't looking, or I am smoking too much bad cr@ck.

Apologies !

Best,
BB

MODE Studios
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Keith Elliott
on Dec 19, 2009 at 8:27:08 pm

Does the Roland V5 have a time base corrector?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]