FORUMS: list search recent posts

Show Director Scope Of Work

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Stinton
Show Director Scope Of Work
on Aug 17, 2006 at 8:23:47 pm

An interesting scenario has appeared on my horizon and I need some help.

The question is the responsibilities of a show director and the delineation between that of the technical director? In particular I

Return to posts index

aLexx
Re: Show Director Scope Of Work
on Aug 18, 2006 at 10:56:46 am

In short I would say if there is explicit a Show director AND a TD, this wouldn

Return to posts index

Tom Meegan
Re: Show Director Scope Of Work
on Sep 11, 2006 at 2:58:35 am

I know I'm late to the party here, but here is my take.

In the particular scenario you site, the responsibility for the audio not working could fall to a number of people.

1. Tape operator. If he/she pulled down the playback pots while testing, and did not return them to their detente position.

2. Editor. Did the editor edit the correct sound onto the tape? How much time did anyone on the crew have to test?

3. Engineer in Charge. He/she is responsible to all the equipment and represents the equipment rental company on the job site. If the deck is broken, then he is responsible to fix it or replace it. (This is really a mobile TV position and probably doesn't apply.)

4. Audio. Did the mixer track the audio when the director said, "Roll tape, Track tape?" The director did say to both roll and track it, right?

5. Director/producer. Was enough time alotted to rehearse? Would the mistake been averted with a proper rehearsal?

6. Technical director. Only if the technical director was directly involved with what I think of as other job functions. Did the TD set up the equipment? Did the TD direct or confirm that an audio - tape facilities check was performed? Did the TD actually roll the tape? Was the TD the one who edited the tape? Was the TD asked to do a technical element rehearsal?

All that is a long way of saying

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]