FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you do...?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
How do you do...?
on May 25, 2006 at 4:29:24 pm

Hi Fellow Cows,

I posted this question a long time ago and got some advice, but I am still having trouble.

I would like to know how the big networks like NBC, ESPN, etc... get their plasmas or lcd screens to look so good when you see them on tv next to thier anchors.

I tried putting my source into a TBC before going into the plasma screen, but I still can't get it to look like it is a graphic generated right out of the swicther.

What am I doing wrong? What do I have to do or get?

Now mind you, my cameras are about 12 yrs. old and the TBC is not some elaborate expensive unit. It's by Vodoo and it can control the luma, chroma and hue. I tried messing with all of those and I only got it to look o.k. but there is still that blue tint on it. I even tried putting a white full screen on the plasma screen and white balance on filter 1 from the screen but then the set has an orange tint.

Should I try putting it on another filter?

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: How do you do...?
on May 29, 2006 at 3:08:05 am

Sam,

I can't tell you what magic they do, but I can tell you that on the many shows I've done that incorporate a plasma screen (or any other display for that matter) the video engineer always asks for a shot of the screen with a camera that has already been chipped, then he/she paints the screen (with a proc. amp?) to match, using color bars fed to the display.

Hope that helps a little.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]