FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stumpfl releases Wings version 2.30

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Leong
Stumpfl releases Wings version 2.30
on Aug 12, 2005 at 1:27:33 pm

5 of the new features that may be of interest are -

1. Panorama and Stereo Shows with One PC.
Panorama projection in softedge technology or digital stereo shows with two video projectors now only require the X-tra Module and a computer with a dual head graphics card, i.e. The Master-and-Slave combo is not required (saves one licenced dongle).

2. A MIDI port can now also be used for remote control of Wings Platinum

3. It is now possible to use video input cards by Osprey with Wings Platinum and the Live video/TV Module. We recommend particularly Osprey-210 and Osprey 500. In addition to this, virtually all Radeon graphics cards with video input (...without TV function) can be used. [Granted Dataton's Watchout has had this feature for a while].

4. For video playback the new SmartSync Engine has been developed, which uses hardware rendering on the one hand and synchronizes the output of video frames with the graphics card refresh rate on the other. However, this is only possible if the refresh rate is an integer multiple of the video frame rate, e.g. 60 Hz refresh rate and 30 frames per second. All these measures lead to improved performance and minimized jerking due to faulty synchronization or frame drops ...are video images which are left out during recording or playback. This usually causes a jump in time and the video to jerk., respectively, allowing for direct presentation of high-resolution videos from video tracks. The necessary precondition, however, is an up-to-date, intermediate 3D graphics card.

5. Similar to Watchout's 'No Blending Beyond this track', Wings has a 'limit playback to this PC'. The main difference is that Wings limits it to the Display PC specified, and this can be on any track in the timeline, whereas Watchout applies the limit to 'not beyond a specified track' and this can and will affect all slave PCs since it applies to all tracks beyond the specified track in the timeline.
For those wondering, this feature limits playback of a video to a particular screen area covered by a projector and slave PC in the stack. Since the video does not need to 'stretch' into the overlap/blend areas but actually does when projecting overlaps, the feature disables soft-edge blending for that track and saves processing of the video by the overlapping PCs since the one PC, usually the central PC, can cover the screen area with the video by itself.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Paul Walerow
Re: Stumpfl releases Wings version 2.30
on Sep 27, 2005 at 11:13:31 pm

Hello! I have been trying to find info on this program for the last two days. I have visited the vendors web site and have read a number of reviews. This looks like a system I could use for an upcoming project where I need to sync 3 video outputs and a music track. It would be nice to be able to control some other equipment also. Can you tell me where I can find someone that sells this software and how much it is? Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Paul Walerow

Wheatland OmniMedia
1701 Quincy Ave., Suite 8
Naperville, IL 60540
+1.630.778.7900
http://www.WheatlandOmniMedia.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Stumpfl releases Wings version 2.30
on Sep 28, 2005 at 3:24:48 pm

Hi,

Your query has been forward to the relevant people. There is a US dealer/distributor who will probably contact you shortly. Let me know if they don't.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]