FORUMS: list search recent posts

Material for 4 x Panorama projection needed!

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alexx
Material for 4 x Panorama projection needed!
on Jun 20, 2005 at 8:42:38 am

Does anyone have by chance Videofootage for a panoramaprojection (4 projectors) an could give this for one Liveevent.(payed off course)
Theme is spacenight. Our customer has only 720 footage, and we don

Return to posts index

alexx
Re: Material for 4 x Panorama projection needed!
on Jun 20, 2005 at 8:44:35 am

sorry forgot:

email: alexx (at) proproduction.at

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jun 20, 2005 at 11:29:22 am

Alexx,

Going to be hard to get. Best of luck.

You should specfy the size of your final pano - 1920x1280, or what? I've stretched some Digital Juice 720x576 Jumpbacks to 1400x600 in Wings Platinum without any noticeable increase in pixelation. I'll have to try them on a 1920x1280 format.

With a specified pano size, suggest you also try posting the request in the Cow After Effects Forum. Those guys are quite brilliant, and could quickly probably whip up a AE project with the right plug-in to get some space effects (eg. infinite travelling stars in a loop, etc.) and you could pay for the AE project file, and do the render yourself.

I also believe one of the Cow AE Forum visitors is from NASA and uses AE to generate NASA's visuals of space flights, planets, etc. Maybe he could help.

Also, I've emailed you an invite to post at my Yahoo multidisplay forum primarily for Stumpfl Wings users and dealers, including some from Stumpfl themselves.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jun 20, 2005 at 1:18:22 pm

For exercise, I just rendered out a Digital Juice 720x486 30fps Jumpback to uncompressed avi, took that into After Effects and stretched it into a 3920x1024 comp (since Wings Platinum does not do XY non-proportionate stretching...yet) and rendered that out to another uncompressed avi. Imported the AE result into Wings Platinum setup with a 4-Display size of 3920x1024 (1280x1024 individuals, with 400-pixel overlaps), and viewed just one full-screen area playback from one 2.8GHz P4 Slave Display with ATI9600XT 128MB, and it looked pretty acceptable as a moving background thingy. No visible pixels, image is enlarged of course, and has some blurring, but with a title such as 'Cosmic Rays and all that', it wouldn't be sharp anyway.

Total time about 1 hour. With repetitions, should be less than 1/2 hour for each Digital Juice Jumpback. So you could do a few by this weekend. Each jumpback is about 30secs. and you could loop them butt-to-butt on the timeline or with a dissolve. With the supplied Juicer from Digital Juice, you can colorise the clip before you render out. So one clip source can become 'many'.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Jun 20, 2005 at 2:31:17 pm

Hey Thomas,

I met Frederik from AVStumpfl last week at Infocomm. Also met the North American guy Franklin. I think we are going to be picking up a Wings Platinum system. Some really impressive advantages over Watchout (I was blown away by the mesh warping ability... Not to mention the full rez preview and the ability to render the preview for client approval. Yum)

Anyway, I was hoping you might also send me info/invite to your Yahoo multi screen group. Possible ?

Cheers,

Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jun 20, 2005 at 2:55:31 pm

Hi Bob,

Done.
I made a guess at the email address and hope it is correct, else I'll have to try another. Otherwise email me at tlsc 'at' pc.jaring.my

I haven't tried the mesh feature myself, but the full res preview is more than that.

My first (and only...yikes!) job was a two-screen thing, agency pitch job for peanuts, and their client gave them only 5 mins to set up and present, so the alternative output option offered by Wings to render to DVD and burn solved it without re-editing on an NLE, etc. With Watchout, my Hong Kong associate does a camera capture from the projection on the wall straight to his DVD desktop burner...ok for preview with a good camera.

There's another one feature I have yet to try (version 2.20g) - specifying a backup Master via the TCP/IP...if it is what I think it is, Watchout has yet to come up with such a feature.

Overall, the price is less than Watchout, and with the Euro dropping, that's another incentive.

Thomas

Return to posts index

aLexx
on Jun 28, 2005 at 5:24:56 pm

Many Thx Thomas, good advice with digital juice`s jump backs...
but because of to much chaos I "jumped" out of project instead with "backs"....

alexx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]