FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio capture

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Butts
Audio capture
on May 18, 2005 at 10:42:30 pm

I'm a lighting director so don't hold this rather basic post aganist me.
This is a personal project, so high end pro gear is not necessary.
I'm looking to capture audio off cassette tapes, edit/clean it up on my
computer and burn some CDs. Looking for an inexpensive capture device and some editing gear.

I'm also thinking about creating a DVD reel of my work, grabing VHS, DVD and stills and editing them into a short DVD. Any gear advice here is also appreciated.

I've got an I-Book but haven;t explored the movies/audio software on it yet.

Mark Butts
Automated Lighting Programmer
http://www.markbutts.com

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Re: Audio capture
on May 20, 2005 at 4:05:30 am

Mark,

Pick up Final Cut Pro Express, and use that to edit your DVD. If your machine doesn't already have iDVD, you should get it. I know exactly what YOU want to make, which has pretty simple necessities, and will be well served by that app.

There are any number of USB and Firewire based external audio breakout boxes out there that give you good I/O for plugging in things like tape decks. We have one from MOTU kicking around. You can then use Final Cut, or probably even Quicktime Pro to record your audio tapes and do basic editing and fixing.

The single easiest way to get video into your I-Book is using the Firewire 400 port on it with a DV camera. There are endless discussions on that here, but basically if you plug ANY DV based camera into your I-Book, Final Cut should see it and have you up and gvoing on capture and edit pretty quick.

Good to see you round this joint. How was the Olympics ?

Cheers,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]