FORUMS: list search recent posts

EPS files in Boris (RED)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam klos
EPS files in Boris (RED)
on Jun 4, 2018 at 1:31:15 pm

I never been able to get this right but I need to try. I cant bring in EPS files that preserve their vectors into Boris RED. Its suppose to isn't it?

I am able to get the EPS to come in but it is rasterized, so its an image now. Which doesn't do anything for me as I need to keep that vector for clarity and scale-ability.

The eps is saved as an V8 Illustrator file in eps format. Ive also tried V8 Illustrator in ai format. FYI, I have also been able to bring in eps files in the latest version of Illustrator which goes against what I have read about Red supporting only up to V8.

So whats the deal, can I get the vectors to come over to RED or not? Is there a specific way the eps file needs to be altered/saved first? Is there something I need to do in RED afterwards to convert?

Help...

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: EPS files in Boris (RED)
on Jun 7, 2018 at 5:34:49 pm

I don't know if this will help but have a look here https://library.creativecow.net/articles/ezzy_paul/Boris-Extruded-Logo/vide....
It;s been a long time since I used Red but I remember doing the work you describe with success.
Let me know if this helps
RF

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: EPS files in Boris (RED)
on Oct 5, 2018 at 10:36:38 am

Once you import EPS file in RED, find the media icon in it's timeline track and open its popup menu. There, you'll find an option to convert your EPS file into live Splines.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]