FORUMS: list search recent posts

EPS files in Boris (RED)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam klos
EPS files in Boris (RED)
on Jun 4, 2018 at 1:31:15 pm

I never been able to get this right but I need to try. I cant bring in EPS files that preserve their vectors into Boris RED. Its suppose to isn't it?

I am able to get the EPS to come in but it is rasterized, so its an image now. Which doesn't do anything for me as I need to keep that vector for clarity and scale-ability.

The eps is saved as an V8 Illustrator file in eps format. Ive also tried V8 Illustrator in ai format. FYI, I have also been able to bring in eps files in the latest version of Illustrator which goes against what I have read about Red supporting only up to V8.

So whats the deal, can I get the vectors to come over to RED or not? Is there a specific way the eps file needs to be altered/saved first? Is there something I need to do in RED afterwards to convert?

Help...

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: EPS files in Boris (RED)
on Jun 7, 2018 at 5:34:49 pm

I don't know if this will help but have a look here https://library.creativecow.net/articles/ezzy_paul/Boris-Extruded-Logo/vide....
It;s been a long time since I used Red but I remember doing the work you describe with success.
Let me know if this helps
RF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]