FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match Move workflow to track multiple objects in SVP?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Jeschke
Match Move workflow to track multiple objects in SVP?
on Jul 28, 2017 at 10:07:19 pm

I did my first match move project. It's in Sony Vegas and I used it as a compositing mode. It was a bit messy though as I wanted to track multiple objects, specifically 3 objects, at different points in the timeline. To do so I created 3 separate tracks for each object I tracked. I'm wondering if there's a more streamlined way to do this. In the future I hope to track many objects in a project, perhaps 5 or even 10.

Here's a screen cap of the timeline...

I do Architectural Photograph & Cinematography as a part of being a Residential Real Estate Consultant.

Some of my work can be seen at,

PS. It's an excellent excuse to ride off what I love, Camera equipment :)

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Match Move workflow to track multiple objects in SVP?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 7:26:09 pm

Well I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you want to isolate and apply an effect to several different areas in a single clip (blur, mosaic, tint etc) then you can accomplish this in a single instance of the BCC Witness Protect filter. Apply the filter, launch mocha, mask and track, then apply back to the host and tune the effect. The same technique can be applied to any filter in Continuum (BCC).

If you would like to provide a clear explanation of exactly the effect you're trying to accomplish I might be able to offer a more detailed approach to the problem.

I hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved