FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha tracking jumps way off

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Alaniz
Mocha tracking jumps way off
on Jun 28, 2017 at 7:12:57 pm

Hello,

I've got a weird issue with Mocha. I've used it many times before and so this one has me completely stumped. For whatever reason, regardless of what I try to track, the spline I create always jumps toward the lower left corner in the second frame of the track.

Here's the first frame with the spline drawn around a piece of gear.

I click on the Track to Next Frame button, and the spline jumps wildly off track.

This machine was used by another assistant before me, so I'm not sure if some default was changed and that's why it isn't working properly, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong.

Also, I've tried this on multiple shots and multiple subjects tracking forward and backward. The result is always the same: the spline jumps toward the lower left and fails to properly track the object.

Return to posts index

James Ollick
Re: Mocha tracking jumps way off
on Jun 28, 2017 at 9:52:28 pm

Just a shot in the dark, have you tried Small Motion? Also, clear all of the previous tracking.

James Ollick

Return to posts index

Dennis Alaniz
on Jun 29, 2017 at 12:52:03 am

Hi James,

No luck with Small Motion. The spline doesn't move at all.

Here's a screenshot 11 frames in to a track using small motion.

I've tried clearing all keyframes, all tracks, starting from scratch with new projects and new clips. No luck.

Is there some means to return Mocha to a factory default in case it is some screwy setting somewhere? I can't find a preference file to trash.

I'm running Mocha Pro 5 (Not sure what point release beyond that. I can't find that info), Avid 7.0.6.2, and Mac OS 10.9.5.

thanks!
dennis

Return to posts index

James Ollick
on Jun 29, 2017 at 12:29:40 pm

Dennis,

I use Mocha in Vegas Pro, not the stand alone version, although they do look and work the same way. I suggest going on the Boris FX web site and open a case with our Mocha Support Team or look at their FAQ section. Please let us know what the resolution is.

The site is: https://borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/

FAQ: https://borisfx.com/faq/

Good luck!

James

James Ollick

Return to posts index

Dennis Alaniz
on Jun 30, 2017 at 2:23:44 am

Thanks, I'll do that when I've got a free moment tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 29, 2017 at 8:02:35 pm

Hi Dennis,

There are two things I would quickly recommend. First, dis-engage the 'Shear' checkbox and re-track with a new spline layer. If this does not work, go under File > Preferences and there will be a checkbox that reads 'Track Using GPU' - if this is enabled, quickly disable it and restart mocha Pro -- if it's currently disabled, try enabling it instead and restarting the program. I suggest this because the GPU mode actually sees the video differently depending on if it's on or off (like literally different sets of eyes), so if one is failing then toggling the Track Using GPU would be a good place to start as well.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Dennis Alaniz
on Jun 30, 2017 at 2:25:08 am

Thanks for the suggestions Jon. Very interesting about turning off the GPU (It was on). I had no idea it could make that much of a difference.

Unfortunately, turning off Shear and Track Using GPU didn't have any affect.

dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]