FORUMS: list search recent posts

No fractal noise option in Particle Array 3D in Red.

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Peterson
No fractal noise option in Particle Array 3D in Red.
on Feb 8, 2017 at 3:07:53 pm

Hi

I'm trying to recreate something similar to the effect created in Boris TV, episode 189 (and 175).

I'm using Boris Red, but unfortunately the Control map settings on Particle Array 3D do not have the fractal noise option in the drop down box. I've tried to keyframe the parameters in the fractal noise tab to get the same effect but the whole thing ends up a complete mess.

Is there any way to recreate this exact effect in Red or am I just going to have to settle for the effect minus the effective fractal noise option.

I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: No fractal noise option in Particle Array 3D in Red.
on Feb 10, 2017 at 6:28:28 pm

Hi Steve,

I believe you've encountered a limitation of the latest BCC filters inside of Boris RED. This is one of the reasons why the only BCC filters that are truly 100 percent supported and qualified in Boris RED are the ones that ship with the product. The thing is that while most of the more recently introduced BCC filters will indeed be fully operational in RED, some parts of some of the filters are not and unfortunately you've encountered one of these situations.

You should be able to resolve the issue by using the BCC filters directly in the host timeline, assuming that you're using a supported NLE or Compositing system.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Peterson
on Feb 13, 2017 at 2:55:15 pm

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling it was probably that the newer filters were not fully supported by Red even though they come with the software.

I'm interested by your comment that I should be able to use the filters directly in the host timeline as I was unaware that this was possible. I'm using the latest version of Resolve with Boris Red as a plugin but as far as I know you can only switch between the Resolve timeline and the Red UI when applying effects. Is there another way?

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 13, 2017 at 3:28:07 pm

Hi Steve,

I had blindly assumed that in addition to Boris RED that you also had BCC installed and this is why I offered the suggestion that you could use the filters directly within the Resolve timeline without going into RED. You could, if you were curious enough to try this, download the BCC 10 OFX filters for Resolve and give that a shot. The trial version is totally free to download and install and the filters operate the same whether registered and licensed or in trial mode.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve Peterson
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:37:48 pm

Hi Peter

Thanks for clearing that up, I was worried I was missing out there!

Regarding my original question, after tweaking the settings in Particle Array in Red I've managed to come up with a look I'm happy with for this particular project , but might, as you suggest, give BBC 10 a try for possible future use. Although I'm hoping for a new version of Red to come along in the near future.

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]