Sorry, no avatar here yet, just created the account for this posting.
The following Vegas project is found at http://discservicesnh.com/BorisFX/
slide ins.veg and the resulting rendered file slide ins.mpg which has incorrect content. To reproduce this problem:
New 720 x 480 NTSC project, add a video track, then do the following, six times is what I did, add an empty 5 second event, click the event FX icon on the event, select Boris Red and open the Red UI. There select from the library browser, Animated Text in. The six I used were from the fromLeft&Right group,bangInLeft,bangInRight, slideIn2Line, slideInLeft, slideInRight and a second slideInLeft. The second slideInLeft was changed to 3D extruded text. All these projects show at 654 x 480; but I didn't want to change anything.
When viewed in the timeline, each of the six FX instances look correct. When the Vegas project is rendered, the rendering appears to stall, sometimes for 10's of seconds, at various points, the time remaining counts down to zero multiple times; I think it was for each event.
The rendered MPG is not correct, the slideIn2Line is not rendered correctly and the 3D extruded is also incorrect.
Further, normally rendering a MPG on this system uses all the i7's cores and typically shows 8 threads running at full speed. At no time did any one thread get above 70% and I did not see any multi-processing or parellel processing. The only place I see a check box to select is preferences, preview, multi-processing.
The full specs on this system are in the same website as part of the DxDiag.txt log. I was using the trial to comapre this product against other text plug-ins for a series of DVD's I need to create.