I am just beginning to learn Red, and getting a little hung up on mattes.
If I want to matte a layer, I can add a still image track into the mask of the face. So far I can only get a matte to happen if the image I drop in has an alpha, and the alpha is used rather than the RGB value of the image.
If I have a B&W image or an animated B&W video or composite that I want to use as a mask, how do I make that work?
• Add the PixelChooser filter to the mask track ot the clip to which you wnat to add alpha
• The PixelChooser output should be set to Alpha Channel
• Twirl down the PixelChooser track so that you can see the PC Layer sub-track
• Add the media that you wish to use as alpha to the PC Layer
• Click on the PixelChooser track to access the parameters i the controls panel
• Click on the Matte tab
• Enable the Use PC Layer Track button - you should now have a track matte