FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to back up chapter points?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell Smith
Possible to back up chapter points?
on Feb 3, 2018 at 11:55:39 pm

I have a two hour timeline with 99 chapters. Is it possible to export these chapter markers to back up, in case something would happen and it would be necessary to recreate the project? I'm doing a lot of "replace asset" with each draft and am just wanting to be extra careful with backups.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Possible to back up chapter points?
on Feb 4, 2018 at 4:14:30 pm

I think the answer is no.

I'll also note that doing lots of "replace" anything (or any changes) with Encore often results in problems, so your caution is wise.

A "save as" may your best insurance, to keep a copy you can go back to, but that provides little more than making a manual list of the markers.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
Re: Possible to back up chapter points?
on Feb 5, 2018 at 7:13:58 pm
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Feb 5, 2018 at 7:15:13 pm

Thanks. Yeah I thought so. I will do that. A manual backup of the markers would be fine as the rest of the DVD wouldn't be that hard to rebuild. But the markers would take a long time to redo.

Is there any Mac replacement comparable to Encore that you know of? If only they would bring back support for this program. DVDs may be on the way out but a lot of people still request having them done.

Basic functions like being able to import a chapter list from a text file or back up your markers would go a long way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]