FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray multi page menus not working in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter York
Blu-ray multi page menus not working in Encore
on Jan 2, 2018 at 5:51:30 am

Hi all

I have created a Blu-ray with multi page chapter menus. 1 Movie has 18 pages (chapters) and the other 2 movies have 9 pages (chapters) each. They seem to have created fine but cannot get any motion on the chapters. I have made them motion (%) thumbnails in a chapter button (+#). Still pictures will show up on each page when viewed in encore but no matter what I do I cannot get them to show as motion chapter thumbnails, see the screen shot.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give.

pyorkie

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Blu-ray multi page menus not working in Encore
on Jan 2, 2018 at 7:03:04 pm

Animated buttons are not supported in Encore multipage menus.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSf01dbd23413dda0e-3ea68760123...

You can put an image thumbnail, but I do not know if these work correctly in a multipage menu. Remember that the background layer for a multipage is defined in page 0 only. An Encore animated button becomes part of the motion background (and probably why an animated button would not work in a multipage, Encore or not).

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Peter York
Re: Blu-ray multi page menus not working in Encore
on Jan 3, 2018 at 12:52:39 pm

Hey thanks for your input … it has set me on another path …. I have managed to make multi page chapter pages (18) with video buttons on each page and static background … was a task but I got it done.

This is how it was done for anyone that might find it helpful

1. first get your static background (png, jpg and so on) and make a short video of the static image.
2. Use this video as your background …. get a blank menu from the library and then drag this video onto the blank page.
3. Either make video button or just use a ready made one from the library and drag onto your menu.
4. Then place the buttons that you want on your menu
5. make all the links … to video (%) …. buttons (next => and Previous=<)
6. now in the layers tab select all the items and then “copy” ctrl C all
7. OK make a new folder
8. open the folder
9. then in the blank layer tab “paste” ctrl V
10. follow this for each page you want
11. all you then need do is make the correct links in each of the pages you just made.

Encore could have done this so much better. I use to use TMPGEnc and it done all this automatically … I started with Encore because I couldn't get DTS 7.1 Master HD sound tracks in TMPGEnc also it didn't have subpictures.

I hope this will helpful to someone.
pyorkie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]