FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS6 and Windows 10 Fall Creators update

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Brown
Encore CS6 and Windows 10 Fall Creators update
on Dec 29, 2017 at 3:50:07 pm

Is anyone else finding like me that Encore CS6 has become almost unusable since the recent Windows update? It takes ages to import m4v files and seem to have to reimport them every time in order to play them back from the timeline. Burning and other functions are unaffected but editing is very tedious. The lack of support from Adobe may mean this is the end of the line for Encore CS6 and the alternatives are not as good.

David

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encore CS6 and Windows 10 Fall Creators update
on Dec 29, 2017 at 9:37:04 pm

Hi David,

Are you making DVD or Blu-ray?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Brown
on Dec 29, 2017 at 10:38:47 pm

Hi Jeff
I have been making a Blu-ray but also use Encore for DVD. Never had a problem before although CS 5.5 was a bit sluggish. Any ideas?
Thanks

David

Return to posts index

David Brown
on Jan 15, 2018 at 4:35:21 pm

Many thanks Jeff. Since my experiments even DVD editing has become difficult!

David

Return to posts index

David Brown
on Jan 15, 2018 at 3:55:33 pm

Hi Jeff and anyone else out there.
As I have had little response I assume that no-one is trying to use Encore to make Blu-ray discs in W10. I have been experimenting with compatibilit settings and after a lot of experimention Windows informed that the program was incompatible with Windows 10. It was fine until Fall Creators update and it seems ridiculous that such a good piece of software has been dumped in this way. I have managed to burn both bluray and DVD but editing bluray is a nightmare as previewing takes minutes (not seconds) to load the relevant timeline and will often not allow me to go back to the menu.

Has anyone tried to get any response from either Microsoft or Adobe? I know it's discontinued but what a waste!

David

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 15, 2018 at 4:17:28 pm

Hi David,

I do have Encore CS6 installed on my Windows 10 machine and have not had any issues. However, I guess I haven't made a DVD in a while nor have I made any Blu-ray discs, so maybe there is an issue after Creator's - I don't know if that's even installed on my PC. Sorry I don't know more.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Brown
on Jan 15, 2018 at 4:30:54 pm

Hi Jeff and anyone else out there.
As I have had little response I assume that no-one is trying to use Encore to make Blu-ray discs in W10. I have been experimenting with compatibility settings and after a lot of experimention Windows informed me that the program was incompatible with Windows 10. It was fine until Fall Creators update and it seems ridiculous that such a good piece of software has been dumped in this way. I have managed to burn both bluray and DVD but editing bluray is a nightmare as previewing takes minutes (not seconds) to load the relevant timeline and will often not allow me to go back to the menu.

David

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Feb 2, 2018 at 3:33:20 pm

I've been lucky so far in that all my customers (schools, amateur groups etc) are happy with DVDs which I produce using Encore running under Win 7 (using Parallels on a MacBook Pro).

One day something will break and I'll be forced to change my workflow so I'd be VERY interested to hear what you choose. Thanks!

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]