FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rock and a Hard Place.... H265 HEVC.MKV files...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Rock and a Hard Place.... H265 HEVC.MKV files...
on Sep 24, 2017 at 11:44:08 am
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Sep 24, 2017 at 1:04:29 pm

I'm using CS6 programs.... I don't like cloud or rental software.... Now, with this out of the way...... On to the issue...

I have some H265 HEVC.MKV footage to edit and get to BR disk.....

CS6 doesn't know what to do with that footage... and Encore stopped at CS6 anyway, so......

I found I can convert the footage using Format Factory.... To MP4 DIVX format (appears to be the best quality), and with the resultant conversion files, I am back at the races... and Video is edit-able...

Today's question.... For Encore BR (H264 output)... Seeing that I have to Trans-code to H264 for BR anyway.... and source footage can't be native H265....

Is there a preferred format to convert H265 to.... That Encore or AME would then convert to H264???

Trans-coding more that once appears to be the only option here.... Pix quality is paramount...

I have a work around --- just wondering if there is a better picture quality work around than what I've found so far....

P.S. to this: With the FF Conversion, I'm NOT seeing any black or white clips in converted video, as opposed to CC forums on H265.
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]