FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore freezes always at the same point while building DVDs from a project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Badin
Encore freezes always at the same point while building DVDs from a project
on Sep 6, 2017 at 3:05:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I want to build a double layer DVD (8.54 GB) from an Encore project which contains a timeline, a slideshow and two menus with both video and audio. I always select "Output: DVD disc" instead of "DVD folder" or "DVD image", and so I did with this project. The first time I tried to build my DVD (after checking it), Encore froze at a certain point while creating the slideshow. I thought the disc I was using was damaged and so I ejected it and threw it away. Today I've tried a second time, with a new DVD and (again) Encore froze at the same point, while creating the slideshow. I guess I have to get rid of this one too...

Well, at the moment I have only two DVDs left and I would not like to throw them away like the previous two. What should I do? Do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encore freezes always at the same point while building DVDs from a project
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:04:42 pm

I've been using Adobe Encore for many years and have never even attempted a dual-layer burn because of all the horror stories I read on forums about difficulty in creating one successfully, plus the possible player compatibility issues.

How long is the video content - is it absolutely necessary to use dual-layer for this project?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Sep 7, 2017 at 8:17:45 am

Hello Jeff, thank you for your answer. Yes, the project is 6.3 GB (and the video content itself is 87 minutes long) so a 4.7 GB DVD is unfortunately not enough.
I had already burnt other dual-layer DVDs before this one and never found any problem.
I was wondering if I should try selecting "DVD image" as output, rather than "DVD disc", and burn my DVD later on...

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 8, 2017 at 2:24:20 pm

87 minutes will EASILY fit a 4.7GB DVD and still look good. Over the years creating DVDs of events, the majority of my DVDs have always been in the 2-hour range. So 1.5 hours is nothing 😉

All you need to do is lower the bitrate to about 6.3 for it to fit.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Sep 9, 2017 at 4:10:40 pm

Thank you Jeff, I'll try this way!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]