FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem, and Fix Encore CS6 and Capture Card SDI Video output to DV

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Problem, and Fix Encore CS6 and Capture Card SDI Video output to DV
on Aug 30, 2017 at 1:06:09 pm

I don't know why I haven't encountered this before.... But I found the work around...

I just installed some new hardware here, and did a SDI with Embedded Audio capture to Premiere Pro CS6 as DV footage... and Dynamic Linked it to Encore. Capture card was MXO2 with Matrox AVI being the capture format. PPRO had no problems playing it.... But

After Dynamic Link, When I got around to having Encore play it... it played at lower resolution for 5-10 seconds then stopped...
Repeatable.... Not good... If Fact, Yuck!

Fix: In Preferences/General/Desktop Display Quality? Change to Accelerated GPU Effects...

Fixes it immediately....

Like I said.... I am really surprised I haven't encountered this before... But I pass along the Symptoms and Solution for others.....

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Problem, and Fix Encore CS6 and Capture Card SDI Video output to DV
on Aug 30, 2017 at 2:44:50 pm

Hi Jan,

You'll typically get better quality on the DVD if you skip Dynamic Link and just export the proper assets right from Premiere, then use those assets in Encore. Meaning export as MPEG-2 DVD, which results in .m2v and .wav files, then Import those into Encore using Import as Timeline and selecting them both.

Using the auto-trancoding in Encore is said to produce a lower quality than using Premiere/Media Encoder. Plus I prefer to control the MPEG-2 settings (bitrate and such) rather than it being automated.

Whatever method you prefer, good tip about the GPU preview. I'll share my blog post for the benefit of others that may wish to enable this setting in Encore - http://blog.sharbor.com/blog/2013/03/adobe-encore-cs6-preview-quality-fix/

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: Problem, and Fix Encore CS6 and Capture Card SDI Video output to DV
on Aug 30, 2017 at 4:52:20 pm

That is exactly the issue I encountered... What 8 -10 years and it's the first time I imported special codec created files??? I know about the Encore Quality issue, and agree... I had 6 hours of footage in 4 long captures, and by reducing it to 1 hour segments in PPRO then Dynamic Linking to Encore just the needed footage, in separate 6 projects at the time seemed easier to do... Then doing it, then rendering it off to MPEG2, and then importing as asset.
Never having to create 6 identical formatted Menus, with subtle changes was the challenge... I had never done that before... I ended up making the first one, then saving Templates, then, modifying 1 and saving to 2, etc, under Menu/Save Menu as Template... then importing correct saved Menu, from in the project folder, worked fine....

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]