FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 videos and a PDF book to DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa D. Lee
2 videos and a PDF book to DVD?
on Aug 18, 2017 at 9:32:38 pm

Hi!

I've made DVDs of video files with a graphical menu before but I have a PDF book that accompanies two videos and want to put all three on a DVD with a menu to navigate the 147 page book with the TV remote.

Is there a way to do this for the book? I am guessing there is not a way to jump to a specific page of the book but it is possible to burn the book to DVD also?

I have Premiere and Encore I'm using in OSX Lion and have the three files saved to a USB drive.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: 2 videos and a PDF book to DVD?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 4:23:31 pm

Hi Teresa,

The official DVD specification does allow you to add other files to a DVD, but you cannot access them from the DVD menu interface - rather, the user would access the extra files on disc manually using Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Win).

So yes, you can add the .pdf book to the DVD disc, but the user will not have access to the book from the DVD menu interface. You have to forget that DVDs can be viewed on the computer and think of it like all users will be viewing on a set-top DVD player and TV set. They would not be able to access a .pdf or other "computer" files from that menu interface which only shows video content.

Only when the DVD is read by a computer would the user be able to "open" the DVD as a data disc and find/access other files on it.

Please see attached screen shot of where you can add "DVD ROM Content" in Adobe Encore.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Teresa D. Lee
Re: 2 videos and a PDF book to DVD?
on Sep 3, 2017 at 3:10:22 pm

Oh. Well thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]