FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Menu highlight for hidden video

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Ains
Custom Menu highlight for hidden video
on May 10, 2017 at 6:45:20 am

Hi All,

Wondering if some of you nifty guys / gals could assist.
So far I have created and menu in Encore CS 6 with button for the main video and all works great.

I have tried to add a behind the scenes video and hide it in a rock (part of the menu image) so the video can be found only when someone accidentally navigates past the final menu option. This is what I would like it to look like:

My current method I created a layer with the just the rock (using Photoshop) and gave it a glow effect to show the selection and gave it the (+2) highlight designation. The effect outer glow is still just an effect which I am now presuming needs to be a solid graphic

However, this "selected" image on the right shows that it turns out to be a brown blob when selected during the Encore preview with my current method:

Anyone got suggestions on how I can get this working the way I want ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Custom Menu highlight for hidden video
on May 10, 2017 at 3:43:04 pm

One thing you can do for DVD is create a path on a new layer in Photoshop that outlines the rock, stroke it with a light color to some noticeable thickness, then make the stroked path layer the highlight layer. It won't look like the glow you have in Ps, but it won't be a brown blob, either.

Cheers,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Rob Ains
Re: Custom Menu highlight for hidden video
on May 12, 2017 at 12:59:22 pm

Thank you Jeff,

Tried it and got the result you suggested.
Don't think I will get the glow I was looking for 😊

I am happy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]