FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't access Blu-Ray files anymore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
Can't access Blu-Ray files anymore
on Mar 23, 2017 at 1:10:03 am

Last night I was working on 2 different computers with Encore and Premiere CS6 installed on both. Towards the end of the night, I exported some short video clips from Premiere to MPG2 Blu-Ray format. At the end of the evening, Windows 10 did an update on both machines.

Today, I cannot access those blu-ray files from Encore or File Explorer. In Encore, if I go to File | Import as Asset, Encore goes to my last accessed folder used and crashes. In File Explorer, the files show up for a few seconds and then crashes. Both computers are behaving in exactly the same way. I have restarted both computers several times.

I have found one or two file folders with fairly old Blu-Ray files that will open in file explorer. But any folder that has been made during the winter sports season will always crash the system.

I just went in to Premiere and exported a BD file as a test to a new folder. I AM able to open this folder in File Explorer without crashing the system.

If I go to Encore and right-click on a BD file in the project window and select 'Locate in Explorer', it will open the correct folder and then crash after a few seconds.

Any suggestions? I worked the whole weekend making DVDs and never had a problem. The only thing that makes any sense to me is something involving the Windows Update

Also, how can I get Encore to NOT go to the last-accessed file folder when I go to File | Import as Asset? (other than re-installing)

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
Re: Can't access Blu-Ray files anymore
on Mar 23, 2017 at 1:42:18 am

I just rolled back the Windows Update and now everything is working.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Can't access Blu-Ray files anymore
on Mar 23, 2017 at 2:49:21 pm

For other users seeing this. You do not now need to roll back. Just install the new update: KB4015438.

See this thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2292099

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]