FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Alternative?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ardner
Encore Alternative?
on Mar 14, 2017 at 3:43:43 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with an alternative to Encore? I am looking to switch to something more recent and something that supports Windows 10. I have looked and looked and all I really have found is Vegas DVD Architect. Has anyone had any experience with this? My main goals are to be able to do menus with motion and audio. I also need to be able to burn DVD and Blu Ray. Any input is very much welcome.

Thank you,

Nick

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
Re: Encore Alternative?
on Mar 21, 2017 at 1:19:18 am

I was literally just reading an old forum thread from a few years ago on Adobe's site about this exact issue. I've was using DVDstudio for a long time but switched over to Encore last year when clients started asking for Blu-rays. Unfortunately Encore doesn't support scripting, which I sometimes need, and it's still buggy, with no support anymore.

In the thread someone suggested Sony's midlevel authoring program DoStudio. Unfortunately I just looked and Sony dropped support and sales on March 1. So I'm not sure what our options are anymore between the simple consumer level authoring programs, and the ridiculously expensive Sony Bluprint (from what I hear, price isn't published).

I do see that Sony is still distributing Vegas DVD Architect, though it seems they sold it to a subsidiary. In any case, I don't know much about it. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
on Mar 21, 2017 at 5:17:27 pm

I was literally just reading an old forum thread from a few years ago on Adobe's site about this exact issue. I've was using DVDstudio for a long time but switched over to Encore last year when clients started asking for Blu-rays. Unfortunately Encore doesn't support scripting, which I sometimes need, and it's still buggy, with no support anymore.

In the thread someone suggested Sony's midlevel authoring program DoStudio. Unfortunately I just looked and Sony dropped support and sales on March 1. I do see that Sony is still distributing Vegas DVD, though it seems they sold it to another company. Then there's Sony Bluprint but from what I understand it's geared towards hollywood users and comes with a price tag to match. I have no experience with any of Sony's options.

Someone on another forum suggested a European company that has a couple different offering for BDs at different price levels. It's not a pretty UI, but from what I can tell it might give us all the functionality we need. Depending on the level of software, it's from 800-3000 Euros. They also offer a BD UHD authoring tool if you're ready to jump into that realm. http://www.dvd-logic.com

Return to posts index

Nick Ardner
on Mar 21, 2017 at 7:27:18 pm

I'll check into that, thank you for the information! I downloaded a free trial of The Sony Vegas authoring software, it does allow for BD production. I haven't used it yet though but I plan to burn my first trial disc tonight. I will look at the Dvd-logic software also. I need something but also I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for it. If only everyone wanted digital media, life would be way easier, haha.

Return to posts index

Nick Ardner
on Mar 22, 2017 at 11:29:07 pm

The quality of the export is as good as Encore but the UI is pretty nasty compared to Encore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]