FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of sync audio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Perez
Out of sync audio
on Feb 14, 2017 at 11:02:26 pm

What is the DVD process for importation into Encore? I was having audio sync problems with the mpg4 video and someone suggested I make separate streams, which I did, but when I added the WAV file to the timeline the sync problem was even worse. What am I doing wrong?

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Out of sync audio
on Feb 15, 2017 at 2:44:37 pm

Hi Johnny,

Is this a video that you edited in Premiere? If so, skip .mp4 completely - DVD must be MPEG-2 and nothing else, so any other format you put into Encore will be transcoded (converted) to MPEG-2 anyway, adding another compression step.

From Premiere, Export as MPEG-2 DVD format, and pick an appropriate preset as well to match the source. This will create separate audio and video as .wav audio and .m2v video. In Encore, Import As Timeline and select both of the files at once. By default, Encore will convert .wav audio to Dolby .ac3 format, using less space.

Even if you did not edit in Premiere and simply have an existing .mp4 file, run that through Adobe Media Encoder, again using MPEG-2 DVD preset to create the proper assets for Encore. Media Encoder is said to do a better quality conversion than just letting Encore do it.

For any videos of 60 minutes or less, set data rate for MPEG-2 DVD export to 8.0, beyond that use a bit rate calculator or formula of 560/minutes = bit rate.

When choosing a Preset for the MPEG-2 DVD encoding, pay attention to match the source, meaning 4:3 or Widescreen, and Progressive or Interlaced.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 15, 2017 at 2:46:28 pm

Just thought of something - where did you get the .mp4 file? Some smart phones, and some video game capture apps use Variable Frame Rate recording and that can affect audio sync. Is recommended to use the free HandBrake app to convert to Constant Frame Rate before editing.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Feb 15, 2017 at 10:49:47 pm

I edit with Vegas. I will create as you have explained. Very helpful.

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Feb 17, 2017 at 8:53:35 pm

What does multiplex mean? Separate video and audio files?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 17, 2017 at 8:56:59 pm

When Multiplex is set to DVD, the Media Encoder spits out a single file with audio and video combined. Encore wants the separate files, so leave that set to NONE. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but remember that when you select the MPEG-2 DVD format, it is set to NONE by default 😉

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Feb 17, 2017 at 10:05:29 pm

I just made the separate streams, created a new "test" Encore project, imported as "timeline," and it's still out of sync.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 20, 2017 at 3:54:24 pm

Hi Johnny,

Let's back up a bit. Just to be clear, you edit in Vegas, but are using Adobe Encore for the DVD? You should have Sony DVD Architect, correct? Maybe try that?

As for this .mp4 that is giving you the trouble - the audio remains perfectly in sync when playing in Vegas timeline?

What was the source of the .mp4? Many phones and game capture apps use Variable Frame Rate recording and that can do weird things with sync. If source is VFR, try converting to Constant Frame Rate with free HandBrake app, then proceed with converting new file to MPEG-2 DVD.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]