FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bouncy Music Staff Lines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Czarnecki
Bouncy Music Staff Lines
on Feb 14, 2017 at 2:54:21 am

I brought in a screen capture I encoded with .wmv and then encoded it with .mpg4. When I bring it into Encore the videos play fine but not the recorded music playing on staff lines. Would it be moire problem, an interlace problem? Video on DVD's work fine but this music is not playing well.

Tried transcoding various ways, upper field lower field, progressive, constant and variable.

Originals play fine on computer and on Vimeo. Authoring with Encore

Example:
https://vimeo.com/203930992/cdd7a9fb37

Return to posts index

Ronald Czarnecki
Re: Bouncy Music Staff Lines
on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:42:54 am

Something I didn't mention was the source video is 10 fps. DVD is forcing it to be 29.97. I tried to encode with Adobe encoder first and chose NTSC DV and that stopped the flickering but the video was very blurry.

Using Adobe encoder (match source) the video looked good however when I brought it into Encore the video was transcoded (option for not transcode was gone) so I was forced to use the setting NTSC DV 720 high quality 4mb.

Everything looks good in preview until I burn an image, then I get flickering.

The picture attached is the original .wmv out of screen capture then into Encore. As you can see the image looks good in preview.

testencodedvdedited.jpg

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 15, 2017 at 12:10:22 pm

Unfortunately there is an old saying but true - garbage in = garbage out. You'll never get any better quality than 10 fps and only make things equally bad or worse when going to 24 or 29.97 for DVD. DVD must be MPEG2 whether encoding outside or inside of Encore.

ALSO, there is a limit of thin lines, graphics or fonts, that must not be less then 3 pixels thick - that is too low for me if I want good results. Making a progressive DVD might help some if played on a progressive DVD player on a progressive monitor.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ronald Czarnecki
on Feb 15, 2017 at 1:57:42 pm

Thank you for responding, you are right on with number two the lines when scaled down to DVD quality are causing the problem. I got an answer from the adobe forums that said I am going from HD to SD and the staff lines won't scale.

So I went back to the source output and produced a 720x480 file and that transcoded in Encore just fine.

Encore will re-encode and scale video fine but not fine lines as you are saying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]