FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video cropped when I burn DVD from Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Badin
Video cropped when I burn DVD from Encore CS6
on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:55:39 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a little problem when building a DVD from Encore CS6. I have exported an HDV Premiere Pro sequence in MPEG2-DVD format, then imported the .m2v (video) file and the .wav (audio) file in Encore and built the disc without problems. As I watched the movie in my television, I noticed that the video was cropped. The upper and lower sides had been cut away. There's a text close to the lower side of the clip and, as the video is cropped, I can only see the upper part of the letters. In Encore I can see the full clip area though. Does any know why this happens and what to do to solve this annoying problem?

Return to posts index

Marc Walker
Re: Video cropped when I burn DVD from Encore CS6
on Dec 13, 2016 at 5:54:33 pm

Haha, I just posted a very similar question. I started it earlier, so I didn't see yours at the time.

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Dec 15, 2016 at 3:00:08 pm

Marc Walker that's great! Send me a message or answer in my thread if you solve your problem and I'll do the same!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 13, 2016 at 7:35:01 pm

Be sure that you use widescreen option when export to MPEG-2 DVD. If you export a 16:9 .m2v and import that into Encore, it should automatically create a widescreen DVD. I've used HDV for many years and never had an issue with making DVDs. Sometimes, it is a setting on the DVD player or TV that dictates how the image gets displayed.

Avoid using composite (RCA) connections from DVD player to TV - use HDMI if supported on player, will provide much better quality and avoids display issues.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Marc Walker
on Dec 13, 2016 at 7:44:37 pm

I have a similar problem.
Could it be caused by overscan? The action safe area in Encore seems to predict the picture I'm getting pretty well.

marc

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Dec 15, 2016 at 2:56:10 pm

Thanks. I used PAL DV Widescreen progressive when I exported the project, but I changed quality from 75 to 100.
I also used an HDMI connection

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 15, 2016 at 6:57:15 pm

[Matteo Badin] "As I watched the movie in my television, I noticed that the video was cropped."

If the text was placed outside the "safe title area" then what you're seeing is normal. All TVs cut off a certain amount (it varies) of picture. When you view a video file on a computer screen however, you will see the full image.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Dec 18, 2016 at 9:33:04 am

Thank you! I'll make sure that the texts aren't out of the safe area next time.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 18, 2016 at 7:32:10 pm

You're welcome. Your editing/titling/graphics software should have the ability to toggle the 'safe action' and 'safe title' overlays on and off. You may also be able to adjust the amount of these safe areas in your preferences settings but the defaults are standard and should be good for most video viewed on a TV. Depending on the camera you use, the viewfinder/LCD screen might also be able to display the 'safe action' area among other useful framing overlays (grid, centre mark, 4:3 ratio, etc.).

Return to posts index

Marc Walker
on Dec 19, 2016 at 7:20:51 pm

Just to let you know Matteo,
My problem does seem to be caused by this overscan thing. For the DVD menu, I can just work within the action-safe area, but as for my video where the logo is cropped in the top-left corner, I was advised here to render the video to 702x576 which resolves the problem of the cropped logo, there is still some cropping of the picture past the logo, but it is definately better and hardly noticable.

I created a test DVD so I now know the dvd picture is cropped at ~4%, which is just outside the action-safe(outer) bound. I don't think there is any way to resolve this problem, you just have to try to work around it.

Good Luck,
Marc.

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Dec 22, 2016 at 11:19:07 am

Okay thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]