FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I leave overlapping buttons in DVD menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Badin
Can I leave overlapping buttons in DVD menu
on Nov 25, 2016 at 7:11:12 pm

Hey,
once I created my Encore CS6 DVD project, I clicked "Check project" before building the disc. The only problem found consists of "Overlapping buttons" in the DVD menu, which I created with Photoshop. The buttons "highlights" are actually overlapping, but I do want this in my menu. I was wondering... Can I leave those buttons overlapping or do I have to edit my menu necessarily? (Only highlights are overlapping, not buttons themselves). Answer as soon as you can please 🙏🏻

Thank you in advance :)

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Can I leave overlapping buttons in DVD menu
on Nov 26, 2016 at 1:58:20 am

The hit area of a button, and therefore the "button" is not just the visible areas of the button, it is the rectangle that includes all elements in the button group - highlights and other.

So if Encore shows you red overlapping rectangles in the menu viewer, you have overlap that needs to be fixed.

You can put some "button" elements outside button groups (usually lower layers in photoshop if not the background itself), and these do not contribute to button overlap. But the highlights must be in the button group.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Nov 26, 2016 at 11:43:24 am

Thanks. But exactly what will happen if I have overlapping buttons?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Nov 26, 2016 at 2:36:34 pm

I don't recall whether the build fails, no buttons work, some buttons don't work, or the results are unpredictable. Encore can't tell which button applies to which part of the frame, so can't assign each button and link correctly.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Matteo Badin
on Nov 26, 2016 at 2:55:48 pm

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]