FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anyone reply for this problem please?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marinos Yiannakis
Can anyone reply for this problem please?
on Oct 20, 2016 at 9:02:07 am

Hi there. When ever i use encore on my Imac I notice that it's always leaving some gigabytes in my storage. I use external drives for my projects which i delete after i create the bluray and dvd isos, I clean the media database in Encore, i delete my cache and again something always stays on my drive. Around 10 gigas from each project.Anyone has any idea if it stores any data somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Can anyone reply for this problem please?
on Oct 20, 2016 at 2:42:51 pm

Ive often tracked down some pretty large unused render files etc some months later.
I dont think theres any answer to stop it, other than accept that this software is end of live and end of interest so it will never get any better.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Can anyone reply for this problem please?
on Oct 20, 2016 at 3:44:15 pm

Before starting an Encore project, I create a New Folder on drive. For instance I already have a folder for the current project I'm working on, and I create a new sub-folder inside it called DVD. I create the new Encore project inside that DVD folder, then all associated "behind the scenes" assets and temp files should be in that same folder. Once project is done/delivered, I just delete that entire folder. I may keep an .iso copy of DVD itself for archival purposes.

I see screen grabs from a lot of users of Premiere and Encore and many folks seem to use a default "My Documents" folder (on Windows) when they save projects and then I think a lot of temp file stuff gets lumped together, harder to find for deletion that way.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]