FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoder/Encore Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kacie Bell
Encoder/Encore Issue
on Sep 7, 2016 at 1:54:47 pm

I have a project that is about 18 minutes long that I need put onto a DVD. I have done it multiple times before and it worked perfectly. I put my project into Encoder to render it out (which takes about 7 hours) and then when I go to put it into an encore timeline and my project has huge lines through it. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have done this before with no issues.

This is what it looks like. The audio plays fine but the video looks like this.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encoder/Encore Issue
on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:45:55 pm

Hi Kacie,

First off, it is highly unusual for an 18 minute project to take 7 hours to render, unless it has some really crazy After Effects content and your computer is really old.

Can you post a screen shot of the Export Settings window please for review? That is the first step

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Kacie Bell
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:13:43 pm
Last Edited By Kacie Bell on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:18:39 pm

Thank you so much for the response!

I am sadly currently working on a laptop....

Here are my export settings. My project is made in after effects (it has graphics and video) and I put it into a premiere timeline to put it in the render que.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:27:33 pm

Depending on what effects are being applied in AE, some of them can be very render-intensive, so that coupled with the laptop performance could explain the render time. Doesn't explain the distortion though.

I would try exporting an intermediate file from AE, meaning a single, finished video clip, then convert that to MPEG-2 DVD rather than trying to complete the entire chain of events at once.

I have no idea what the project settings are in AE or Premiere, meaning are you starting out with HD content? Are you on PC or Mac? On Mac, exporting to ProRes works nicely. On PC, you'd need to install a codec most likely. For example, download the free GoPro Studio software and that will get you the Cineform codec which outputs as an .avi file. Export to .avi from AE, then drop resulting file into a Premiere timeline and if it looks good, export to MPEG-2 DVD then.

Or, try exporting direct without using the Queue, I never use that.

About the MPEG-2 DVD settings, for videos under an hour in length, I just use CBR 8.0 settings - no need to allocate bits when you have room to spare, just use best quality encoding.

If source is HD video, then checking the box for "Max Render Quality" can improve scaling results, but will slow down the render even further. However, it could actually be faster to export from AE to Intermediate clip, then to MPEG-2 DVD in separate steps rather than asking the computer to do all of it at once. Lots of overhead in the pipeline when using Dynamic Link and such.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]