FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper Adobe Encore CS6 workflow with 1080i footage (not progressive) edited in Premiere Pro CC 2015.4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Medzorian
Proper Adobe Encore CS6 workflow with 1080i footage (not progressive) edited in Premiere Pro CC 2015.4
on Aug 26, 2016 at 6:45:15 pm

I've edited a production shot with JVC Pro Camcorders at 1080 interlaced and edit in Premiere Pro CC (latest version). It looks great on my program monitor and external program monitor, but when I export the footage to Adobe Encore it looks jaggedy...almost half resolution. Can anyone tell me what my proper Adobe Media Encoder settings should be? Should I export and convert to 1080 progressive before importing into Encore? Right now I'm using MPEG-2 DVD...NTSC DVD-Wide in Media Encoder. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Proper Adobe Encore CS6 workflow with 1080i footage (not progressive) edited in Premiere Pro CC 2015.4
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:40:36 pm

Could simply be Preview settings in Encore, please check my blog on the subject - http://blog.sharbor.com/blog/2013/03/adobe-encore-cs6-preview-quality-fix/

Encore Preview issues aside, I've never had good luck creating an interlaced DVD from 1080i footage. Have tried many variations of settings for Export from Premiere, but never good results. 1080i uses Upper Fields First, while DVD defaults to LFF. Have changed DVD to UFF, didn't help. And many other things.

I would simply try encoding to DVD Wide Progressive and take interlacing out the equation, that's what I've been doing. Also check the box for Max Render Quality as that improves downscale quality. Lastly, set Source to SCALE TO FILL so you don't get the black bars on left and right of output (see preview monitor in Export Settings). This is all done from Premiere Export.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Medzorian
Re: Proper Adobe Encore CS6 workflow with 1080i footage (not progressive) edited in Premiere Pro CC 2015.4
on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:53:58 pm

Thank you so much. I'm actually using DVD Wide Progressive now and it seems to help. I appreciate the response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]