Creating Chapter Marks does not work

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Squadrazzino
Creating Chapter Marks does not work
on Jul 7, 2016 at 10:48:28 am

Hi dear community,

maybe you could help me with following problem:

I am trying to create a DVD with Encore including a Play Button and a scene selecion menue. I've got a clip with these preferences: .mp4, 1920x1080, AVC Coding, 14 MBit/s.

I want to the whole movie to be played and with the Play Button and use the movie as source for chapter marks for the scene selecion menue.
I imported the clip as a timeline and wanted to start creating chapter marks, but this is not possible. The "create chapter mark" button in the timeline is greyed out and i can't chose it over the timeline menue.

Is it because the clip is not yet transcoded? If so, what should i use to keep the 16:9 aspect ration in the transcode settings?

I hope, you can help me with this problem!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Creating Chapter Marks does not work
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:42:21 pm

Hi Dennis,

Have never seen the Chapter Mark button grayed out, but then again I always use an MPEG-2 DVD (.m2v) video file that doesn't require transcoding.

I would recommend transcoding in Media Encoder first anyway, as that encoder is said to produce better results than the one inside Encore.

Is the .mp4 the only file copy you have? If you have an edited timeline in Premiere, just export directly from there to MPEG-2 DVD format, using an appropriate widescreen preset. Or transcode the .mp4 is that's all you have of the source. You may need to change is data rate so it fits the disc, depending on program length. Also check Scale to Fill and Max Render Quality.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]