FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error message: "device not ready", Code: "3"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pushpanatha de Silva
Error message: "device not ready", Code: "3"
on May 9, 2016 at 7:44:55 pm

Hi,
I have 49.98GB data(9,5hrs of video/audio) wanted to burn on BD-R DL(50GB)disc. I could not find any errors before burn or encode the video on Build window, clicking on "Project". But when Encore in processing on Build Progress, in Building streams, I get following error message on Encore: "Device not ready", code: "3", Note: "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M25file". I would really appreciate if anyone of you can help me on this please. ManyThanks.

Dell Workstation Precision T7500
Dell Workstation Laptop Precision M6600
Dell HD Monitors
Sony PMW EX1
Panasonic MX3300

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
Re: Error message: "device not ready", Code: "3"
on May 9, 2016 at 7:46:40 pm

FYI, I tried to use Verbatim and Sony brand of 50GB 6X BD-R DL recordable BluRay Discs.

Dell HD Monitors
Sony PMW EX1
Panasonic MX3300

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 9, 2016 at 8:46:52 pm

With hard drives and blank recording media, the advertised capacity is not the true capacity. The 50GB will have a few GB less than that available for use. For instance with DVD, they call it 4.7GB but it is really more like 4.3GB.

I believe it depends whether you count 1GB as 1000 or 1024MB. It's a marketing game. So most likely, your content is too large for the media and that is causing an error.

Another possibility is that some users have problems burning direct from Encore. In that case, build an IMAGE from Encore rather than a DISC. This creates an .iso file on the hard drive, which you then burn with third-party burning software.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on May 10, 2016 at 8:15:18 am

Thx Jeff. Your advice is much appreciated. I will reduce some clips on APPro time line and see whether it will do the needful.

Dell HD Monitors
Sony PMW EX1
Panasonic MX3300

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]