FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Kemp
DVD Problems
on Mar 12, 2016 at 11:02:28 pm

I am having problems with DVD playback. I am creating my project in Adobe CS6, and exporting to Encore using Dynamic Link... Then I have tried both burning the DVD from encore, as well as creating an ISO image from Encore, and then burning that image using standard Windows DVD burning procedure.

I am using Windows 8 64 bit.. The project is only an hour, and the errors are random and sometimes not reproduceable. However, the intermittent errors occur on multiple players... so evidently there is are issues with the DVDs, and some players are more tolerant of the errors than others.. causing the playback to stop randomly at different times....

Has anyone seen anything similar to what I have described?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry Kemp
Christian Video Ministries

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: DVD Problems
on Mar 14, 2016 at 3:01:04 pm

Hi Jerry,

My first thought would be to try a different brand of DVD-R media. What are you using currently?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jerry Kemp
on Mar 14, 2016 at 8:27:56 pm

I was currently using Verbatim DVD+R It ways "Life Series" on the disk. 4.7 GB, 16X 120 Min.

Thanks,

Jerry Kemp

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 14, 2016 at 8:16:19 pm

hey jerry,
there are several things that could cause this problem:

1. bad and/or cheap optical media
2. to high video-bitrate
3. use of PCM-audio instead of AC-3 dolby digital

point 2. and 3. could happen in combination.

DVD-spec has max bitrate of 10.08Mbit/s by spec. if you use DVD+/-R-media it´s better to use lower bitrates. 8.0-8.5 and 192kbit/s for stereo audio.

you should set your project-settings to H264-video and AC-3 dolby digital.

danny

Return to posts index

Jerry Kemp
on Mar 14, 2016 at 8:21:56 pm

What brand of media would you recommend? Also, which type (+R. +RW, -R, -RW).

Also, would you recommend burning to an ISO Image, or direct to DVD?

Thanks again for your help!

Jerry Kemp

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 14, 2016 at 8:39:48 pm

In years past, DVD-R had shown better compatibility than DVD+R, but that really shouldn't be a factor with newer DVD players these days. Either should be fine.

The problem with Verbatim is you don't know who actually made the discs...they put their name on media from a variety of manufacturers and I've been burned with bad batches before.

For the best media, look at JVC/Taiyo Yuden. I've burned thousands in my duplicators and they just work.

The -RW and +RW discs are ReWritable, never deliver those to customers.

With Encore, I usually Build to an IMAGE (.iso) and burn with Burn Aware Free app on my PC. The .iso file also serves then as a backup if the Encore project and/or assets get deleted.

Not saying this has anything to do with the playback issues, but for future projects, you may get better quality rendering the MPEG-2 DVD assets from Premiere, rather than using Dynamic Link to Encore.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]