0" [How do I fix this on both PC and Apple Adobe Cloud] : Adobe Encore DVD" />
FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray Object: "(movie)", Error: *invalid time", Code: "24", Note: "duration must be > 0" [How do I fix this on both PC and Apple Adobe Cloud]

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith DuBose
Blu-ray Object: "(movie)", Error: *invalid time", Code: "24", Note: "duration must be > 0" [How do I fix this on both PC and Apple Adobe Cloud]
on Feb 25, 2016 at 3:43:50 pm

I'm all ready to make a bluray disk image with all the settings I want for my fan film for a best resolution presentation on bluray. Its worked on Media Encoder/Encore/iso burner through several trial runs before.

However now I keep on getting this error code. Both on my PC and my Mac. The file is surely not corrupted from what I'm using to transcode on Media Encoder cuz I tried putting it through Encore and it goes through with making a Bluray Image on that but unf keeps downgrading the filesize to 6gb when its a 13gb file to begin with, and the setting preferences for its best presentation keeps listing it as what should be 17gb file for the bluray to hold. Media Encoder eliminates that problem, but then when I carry it over to Encore for the image build, it won't go past the import phase of the m4v and keeps on giving me that error code.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this? Kinda need this Blu-Ray burned ASAP. Been googling all over and either explanations are vague, don't make sense or there's no fix.

Return to posts index

Keith DuBose
Re: Blu-ray Object: "(movie)", Error: *invalid time", Code: "24", Note: "duration must be > 0" [How do I fix this on both PC and Apple Adobe Cloud]
on Feb 25, 2016 at 3:47:15 pm

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Blu-ray Object: "(movie)", Error: *invalid time", Code: "24", Note: "duration must be > 0" [How do I fix this on both PC and Apple Adobe Cloud]
on Feb 25, 2016 at 7:09:37 pm

Hi Keith,

Are you purposely trying to make a Blu-ray with SD video content? That's what I'm seeing from the screen grabs, that you have it all set up for 720x480.

How was the .m4v file encoded? Can you provide a screen shot of the Export settings from Premiere?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Keith DuBose
on Feb 25, 2016 at 8:06:54 pm

Reason my file is big is kinda complicated. Started my project with SD, but in the middle of it I got an HD cam to finish it with but still had to condense the nice stuff to SD when I edited in Final Cut/VisionLab.

I want the file size to either match or play at its max specs for whatever the bluray can allow for it. And everytime lately that I've set the settings for this in Encore or Encoder, it keeps saying it'll be 18gb or something and then the iso comes out as 6 or 7gb. I don't want that.

My file size is 13gb for a 92 min film. I want it to fill the disc at its max specs possible and have the file size right.

It actually worked on earlier attempts when I used the trial version of Encoder and on an old Encore 5.5 but for some reason on the newer stuff, its downresing the file size that it claims its conforming to.

However since I don't have Encore working probably on the mac (which these files were created on) I'm painstakingly trying to put them on the PC which does have Encore, then put these files on to where they don't have to transcode and just make the iso and then burn that, but it won't let me because of this error that keeps coming up.

I understand its kinda overkill what I'm wanting, but the numbers, filled space and everything just make me feel better about presentations. That's why I want it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:14:32 pm

OK, I see that you want to put SD material on a Blu-ray. I just went through this scenario with another forum user a few weeks back. First off, 30Mbps for SD is way too high. Yes, I know that the slider allows it, but as I recall from the previous research, Blu-ray has a limit for the SD data rate, might have been like 15Mbps? That is why your file is shrinking in Encore, it has to transcode down to something more reasonable - you are at a high quality HD setting. And there is no benefit going beyond a certain data rate, as the SD video can't possibly get any better, wasted bits.

That said - why even do Blu-ray at all for SD (unless the file was much longer)? If you encode as MPEG-2 DVD using VBR 2-Pass with 6.0 Mbps average and Max Render Quality, you should get decent results on DVD. The player makes a big difference in getting good playback quality - a DVD played on a DVD or Blu-ray player that has HDMI out and hardware upscale can look very very good. Never use the composite analog output to an HD display.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]