FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore - Basics of creating motion menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buttner
Adobe Encore - Basics of creating motion menu
on Nov 24, 2015 at 8:42:05 am

Hi everyone

Apologies if I am asking something that has been asked already. I'm brand new to the forum, as well as Encore itself.

I am busy authoring my first ever Blu-Ray on Encore CS6, and I am completely lost. I am used to creating DVDs on DVD Studio Pro, but that is obviously not an option for Blu-Ray.

I have seen tutorials on the basics of setting up a project, and adding video to a menu, which I have got a good handle on, but thats about it.

The main problem is that I can't seem to see my motion menu in my menus panel (it is just a blank screen), and thus am not sure how to add buttons to it. The menu video that I have exported from Premiere has the words "Play" & "Scene Selection" hardcoded into the video itself, so I really just need to add a button next to each option to link to the appropriate section of the disk.

When I preview it, the video plays as it should, but it just does not show up in the actual workspace. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Thanks in advance, any links to appropriate tutorials are most welcome.

Return to posts index

Tyler Crossno
Re: Adobe Encore - Basics of creating motion menu
on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:26:34 pm

I can help!

As far as getting your menu to preview in the workspace -

In the preview window, press this button and it will render your menu so that you can see a preview in the menu workspace. As far as getting it to play or preview in that menu I don't think its possible, only in preview.

For your buttons -
Encore is meant to work off 'still' buttons, but your situation sounds a lot like mine and I have a workaround for you. I pre-made took a button from the library tab -

If you have nothing in your library tab like I did, Adobe has it available for download.

Place that button onto your menu, then look into the layers panel and delete everything excluding these -

In the menu workspace that you should be able to see a preview of your menu, stretch these boxes over the video where you want the user to select.

to re-cap that last part, you are taking a pre-made button, turn off the graphics in the button, then place the "selection box" over wherever you have a menu item. If you have multiple menu items, after you do this once duplicate that layer and do it again!

I know that this is a few months late, but this information took me awhile to find myself and I hope this can help anyone that stumbles upon this post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]