FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I replace the media and keep the authoring and menus?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Can I replace the media and keep the authoring and menus?
on Nov 9, 2015 at 11:34:29 pm

After a project was authored for DVD with Encore I was asked to fix the audio by a client. I didn't edit the project or author it, but another company did using premiere CC and Encore.
I've fixed the audio, but the company says they need to re author the project and they can do it faster as they no where the media and menus are.
It seems to me to be a case where all it should take is replacing the media and burn a new master.
That's all I would need to do in Sony DVD architect or Apple DVD studio.
Is this really the case with Encore or am I being misled?

Please only answer this if you very experienced using encore and know firsthand
Thanks
Larry

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Can I replace the media and keep the authoring and menus?
on Nov 10, 2015 at 11:50:57 am

First, I would make sure you have the project file and ALL assets and know where they are stored. I would open that project and verify you have everything and that the original project is ready to burn a completed DVD.

Second, I would "save as", adding "revised audio" to the name. I would open that project and verify it is complete and ready to burn. Although you indicate you do not need to revise the menu, I personally would check to see that I have the font used in the menus "just in case".

Third, I would delete the video transcodes and I would delete the assets and timelines within the project. I would add the revised assets (transcode inside Encore or pre-Encore), create timelines and re-link/re-author.

Pay special attention to note if Closed Captions and/or Subtitles are involved - these are assets as well.

I have done this before but the first step is the most important - you cannot go wrong if enough attention to detail is followed closely in the first step of assessing the project. I would also pay attention to the bitrates, audio formats and frame rates.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]