FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore suddenly stops working - Menus inconsistently need to be transcoded

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Frank
Encore suddenly stops working - Menus inconsistently need to be transcoded
on Jul 21, 2015 at 11:44:22 pm

I am at a total loss here.

Been working on a Bluray for the last nine hours. I'm not doing anything new and/or different. Creating menus in Photoshop, saving as Photoshop document, adding buttons, etc. Settings are the film/video HD 1080 standard. I've done this hundreds of times. But now all of a sudden Encore is wanting to transcode some of the menus without any rhyme or reason, and it freezes up the program. I've cleared caches. I've deleted every trace of preferences. I've created the project four times with clean versions of all assets. And it keeps happening. I have no idea what would be causing Encore to want to treat the menu (Imported as a menu) as a video asset and decide it needs to be transcoded (the size is right, it's rgb, there are no odd layers as I've flattened the background. It's not a motion menu and it's not set as a motion menu...) and I've run out of things to try.

The really odd thing is that I'm trying to step-by-step trouble shoot it - add one element at a time, create dummy simple menus (white background, one piece of text/button). And the really odd thing is that it will work up to a point and then all of a sudden a menu will need to be trancoded - even if it's a duplicate of one that worked previous to that point. And once that point is reached, even ones that used to work suddenly stop working.

One thing I've noticed is that in building, I get a 'motion menus being created' right before any problem happens (and nothing I have done should be creating a motion menu)

So any help/advice...(I've even deleted the program and reinstalled from scratch)



Return to posts index

Jonathan Frank
Re: Encore suddenly stops working - Menus inconsistently need to be transcoded
on Jul 22, 2015 at 3:02:04 pm

So...for fun I removed the drive containing all my files from my new Mac Pro and placed it in my very old Mac Pro to see what would happen.

First thing that happened is that while the project would open, it wouldn't even start building. So I updated Premiere Pro (CC, CC2014 and 6) and Adobe Media Encoder, figuring maybe something was needed in an update from that (my old computer is still on Snow Leopard I think).

It worked...to a point. It wanted to create motion menus and wanted to transcode one of the menus (credits13, which I am putting in drop box), but instead of freezing, it actually transcoded and nearly built a Bluray File Folder. At the very end i got this:

"Bluray error: access denied. Code 12. Note path/volume/current project/BDMV"

Tried again, building it on the desktop instead of the drive (which contained all the files)

And viola! It worked

Not only that, but it didn't transcode anything. And I was able to build another copy on the drive and am back on my new computer trying to burn a copy. (I had tried building on various drives before so that wasn't the issue).

Still have no idea what happened. Or what is corrupted. So if this gives you any ideas...

Thanks!

Jonathan



Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Encore suddenly stops working - Menus inconsistently need to be transcoded
on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:06:32 pm

Thanks for this good info. Looked like you ran through every setting and attempt, leaving nothing out and nothing to chance. I could see no errors in your attempts and logic. These issues are the hardest to troubleshoot. Your info. is greatly appreciated for future reference!

Ricky


Return to posts index


Jonathan Frank
Re: Encore suddenly stops working - Menus inconsistently need to be transcoded
on Jul 23, 2015 at 1:12:52 pm

I am petrified that Encore is going to stop working entirely one of these days (it's what has been keeping me from upgrading to Yosemite). For all the talk that DVD/Disc media is dead, I make at least one a week for clients and make up to 10 DVDs that are commercially replicated each year... (which is why I keep my ancient MacPro under my desk in case of emergencies :)

The really odd thing is that once I saved the project file on my old computer, it worked perfectly on my new computer when I swapped the drive back in... which makes absolutely no sense as I had created three projects from scratch, plus a test project, and all exhibited the same 'symptoms' (so wasn't a corrupted project file)

Ah the joys of technology...



Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]