FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Adams
motion buttons
on Jul 12, 2015 at 5:37:14 am

Is it possible to have an animated button which is a different video than the video it is actually linked to.
The video i linked my button to doesn't show an appealing section of the video when displayed on the menu. instead I've tried to make a separate video of the clips i want to show on the menu but I dont know how to use it and still have the button linked to the main video
Is this possible? if so how?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: motion buttons
on Jul 12, 2015 at 2:16:43 pm

The Encore "feature" of making animated thumbnails is limited to pulling video from the timeline it references. However, by setting the chapter poster frame, you can get the video for each chapter to come from anywhere on the timeline.

When you make your own thumbnail content, you must create a motion background with the thumbnails in it.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Brian Adams
on Jul 12, 2015 at 2:23:30 pm

Thank you!
So my thoughts are if i started in After Effects and brought it over to Encore I could have the video i want and link it to the timeline it references
Sorry, im an amateur...thanks for the fast response

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jul 12, 2015 at 3:05:44 pm

Yes, create in After effects. If DVD, export as mpeg2-dvd. This will create an m2v. Import to Encore as asset. Add as motion background to menu. Keep your button highlights from the menu, but delete the actual video thumbnail layer from the menu. Then link the buttons as usual.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Brian Adams
on Jul 12, 2015 at 3:07:40 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]