FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD project completed, now I can't output the same one to Bluray?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Williamson
Encore DVD project completed, now I can't output the same one to Bluray?
on Jul 11, 2015 at 12:17:47 am

I completed a DVD project, outputted an ISO file. I've exported an HD file from PP cc 2015, then right-clicked on the video asset and chose "locate transcoded file > bluray" and chose that file. I changed the authoring mode to bluray, and change the output to bluray and bluray image. But, the size of the project doesn't change (it stays at 4GB) and although it will output an ISO, it should be 20GB and is only 4GB. What am I doing wrong? I though one of the great features of Encore was being able to output the same project to both DVD and Bluray?

Return to posts index

Roel Bus
Re: Encore DVD project completed, now I can't output the same one to Bluray?
on Aug 15, 2015 at 5:06:39 pm

I thought the same thing, and have run into this a few times. The one thing you have to keep in mind, is that the project file is "DVD", so all your menus etc. are 720x480. When you use the same project file and output it to 1920x1080, it will have to scale them up and it looks horrid...
What you can do is copy and past the project, change it to a Blu-ray project, copy your menus (if you modify them) and use HD menus for Blu-ray. Make sure the original file you are transcoding is in HD, which you said you did, and then check your transcode setting under Blu-ray.
It's better than it was, but still a pain. The industry has moved on to digital files, but a lot of our clients sure have not!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]