I have Encore CS6, Audition CC and Premiere CC along w the rest of the CC 2014 suite.
I have an Encore movie project where I need to write a Blu-ray first for duplication, not replication and a Standard-def DVD-R next.
I rec'd a .mov with the English 6track surround file embedded. When I open the English .mov in Premiere, I can see all 6 surround tracks.
I need to author a dual-language DVD.
I also rec'd an Armenian language surround file stem-set of 6 .wavs. I imported the 6 Armenian .wav files into Audition CC and first assigned them to L,R,Center etc. and then I exported all 6 as a single .ec3 file (that I thought was the same as an .ac3 surround file). Encore will not recognize the ec3 file extension BUT when I changed the extension to .ac3, Encore responded with an error message during 'import as an asset' stating that it does not have the 'software to "decode" the ac3 file.
Further, after successfully writing a Blu-ray with the English surround file, the surround channels are NOT appearing in the front L&R and rear L&R as they should be.
I have now seen posts on Adobe Encore's forum where it is stated to NOT use Adobe Dynamic Link to link the English version of the .mov in Premiere (I set all chapter markers in Premiere) as the audio will not decode or output the Surround audio correctly because of the Dynamic Link. Now I need a workaround solution for the English Surround version too.
I have written Blu-rays with successful surround playback in the past. I did not use Minnetonka's surcode in the past thus I thought I did not need it now.
I'm stumped on both these issues. English Surround embedded in .mov and separate Armenian Surround 6Track stem files.
I'm on a deadline (as always), can you please advise me. Brian Patterson. DVD-IT Media Services, N. Hollywood, CA