FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black between videos?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Greene
Black between videos?
on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:14:56 pm

I had a BluRay created by another company. Their BluRay flashes to black when jumping between videos. Is there a way to jump from one video to another seamlessly?

Specifically:
We have a "Meet the Cast" section that acts like a book (page turns and all). A video plays, starting with a page turn (opening the book), then freezes until you click the next page button. At this point it jumps to the second video which starts with a still from the first video then page turns to the second video.

I built the DVD version using motion menus in DVD Studio Pro and it seamlessly jumps between menus. But on the BluRay we get jumps to black while it loads up the next video which looks like a glitch. Is there a way to program this so it is seamless like the DVD?

Here is a sample of what I am seeing.

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Robin Henson
Re: Black between videos?
on May 1, 2015 at 7:25:29 am

My guess is that each clip has a separately muxed menu stream (i.e. an IG elementary stream in a different M2TS file). In that case, the player may pause while it tries to pre-load the menu, since players are not required to be able to play from multiple files simultaneously, and I think the video will be black while this happens.

I can't think of an easy way to fix it, other than re-authoring to force the menu stream to be muxed in with the video stream.

Return to posts index

Phil Green
on May 24, 2015 at 5:23:50 pm

Just a thought, have you already tried to make the BD in Encore yourself or is what you are showing us what the you've had the other Company already made and if so was this in Encore or Another Authoring Software.

I am wondering if you could try adding a few frame holds of the Video at the start and end, I gather there is no additional Black on the videos that are to be used as motion backgrounds. Some Decks hold the last frame of a motion menu whilst others play right to the end, I always add a few extra frames, at beginning and end to allow for this and laser positioning and seek, as said, each Player is different. Try adding 15 Frames of Freeze Frame at the Beginning and End of the video, again, taking into account that whatever format then that would take into account where the GOP structer ends lines up depending on whether you stream is MP4 or MPEG-2 again this ,is perhpas for some one knowledgeable that me in the GOP encoding Start Stop to chime in with more info.The last thing is the capture video of a real Hardware BD Deck or is it just of a Software Player? Again, each can show a different result, if poss test in a few different BD Players see if if this is consistent. It may also be to do, as already mentioned by the last poster, that the Structure of a Blu ray Disc is some what Different to that of a DVD, but am sure there must be a work around, looking at other BD Discs with motion menus that I have saw.

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
on May 26, 2015 at 3:36:32 pm

The company building the BluRay is using Sony's software. It seemed that no matter what we tried, the menus would not hold the last frame until the new menu started (like DVDs) but would cut to black while loading. So we add a black to the beginning of each video and page turned out of it.

BUT in the end, their master failed during the glass master phase due to too many menu buttons/scripts (216+) so we ended up re-editing all our videos into one video with chapter markers and long freeze frames between page turns. This way our popup menu only had three buttons on it (back, forward, menu) which would jump to the next/previous chapter button with no black.

At the moment, we are waiting for the glass master report. Crossing our fingers.

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on May 28, 2015 at 6:52:00 pm

Chad,
the black-frame is not a BD-media related issue, it´s a player-problem, but only a few players do this.

while other players (like panasonic or sony) will freeze the last frame of the previous played menu, these players will have a black-frame while loading the IG-graphic into the player-IG-buffer prior playing the menu.

the IG-graphic is containing all elements of the interactive part of the (multi-layer-)menus.

IF you are looking for a different authoring-software that could handle most possibilities of the BD-specs, you might have a look at DVDLogic software called EasyBD, which is a spec-authoring-tool. be awared there´s a learning-curve with it.

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]