FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitles (.txt file) poor quality - pixelated

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frances Hill
Subtitles (.txt file) poor quality - pixelated
on Apr 22, 2015 at 11:39:25 am

Hello,

I have received a .txt file for my documentary from a subtitling company.

When importing the subtitles and playing around with all the various formatting options the text continues to look very pixelated and unprofessional. (This is the same once the project has transcoded and the DVD is burnt.)

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

Many thanks in advanced,

Frances

Return to posts index

Jan Gassmann
Re: Subtitles (.txt file) poor quality - pixelated
on Feb 5, 2017 at 11:57:54 am

Hey Frances
Did you get to solve your problem? I m having the same problem here and I m working on a commerical Blue-Ray for a wide release...

Would really appreciate if you could give me a hint if it's possible to solve this problem. I've been looking all over the wide net...

All the best!

Jan

Return to posts index

Frances Hill
Re: Subtitles (.txt file) poor quality - pixelated
on Feb 5, 2017 at 5:30:30 pm

Hi Jan,
I think we must have resolved this but I'm struggling to remember how - it was a while ago. I have a vague memory that the file .txt file was not brilliantly compatible with the adobe encore software I was using and that I got someone with different software to do it for me. I would be able to go through email threads about this on Tuesday, which should be able to remind me about how we eventually got round this. I can't access that account remotely right now. I'm sorry! Would have been useful to update this message with a solution! I can let you know then, if it's. Not too late! For now, I'd advise asking the people that produced the subtitles to see if they have a reason and consider a different file format.
Regards, Frances

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]