FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoder_making a dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heidi Perkins
Encoder_making a dvd
on Apr 12, 2015 at 1:13:39 am

I have a Mac Pro with no dvd burner/player. I loaded my H264 clip into encoder- went to dvd-then to NTSC dv wide--it made 3 new files, .2v, wav, and a xmp.
I then transferred them to another computer with a dvd burner. Placed the 3 files onto the dvd, and burned it. It won't play on my tv dvd. What am I missing...something about authoring?
HELP!!
Thanks,
Heidi

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encoder_making a dvd
on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:01:28 pm

Hi Heidi,

I had the same experience many years ago the first time I attempted to make a DVD - you can't simply burn media to a DVD disc and have the DVD player see it as a "Video DVD". It MUST be Authored, using Adobe Encore or similar software. This compiles everything and you end up with a "VIDEO_TS" folder on the disc, with .vob files and other stuff inside. Insert any DVD into a computer drive and OPEN it and see.

And even knowing that, one cannot "copy" the VIDEO_TS folder from an existing DVD to their hard drive, and then BURN that to a DVD and expect that to work either. It will just be a "Data" disc and not an official DVD - the files must be written a specific way to the disc, some sort of pointer set that tells the disc reader "The is a VIDEO DVD", rather than a DATA disc.

If you have Adobe CC, you will be able to download and use Encore CS6 - https://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Heidi Perkins
Re: Encoder_making a dvd
on Apr 15, 2015 at 11:36:41 pm

That is exactly what I did and it worked!!! I felt like I was missing something until I saw in my research a comment about "authoring" I then to the file I created in Encoder and processed it in Encore. Walla. I had my DVD.

Thanks,
Heidi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]